Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  FortressLeague.com - Brand New TF2 League
UC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I'm trying to get this league up and running in preparation for the release of TF2.

Currently needing web designer(template only, I will be coding it) and staff.
Could also use some asp.net 2.0 hosting if someone out there wants to help out!

www.FortressLeague.com

Please show your support by visiting:

#FortressLeague - irc.gamesurge.net
JV-
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

great idea..but it could be overshadowed..gl with it though
UC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

Hopefully its taken as its meant... developed by a person who really cares about the community side of the game. And I am a web developer by profession so I can assure you the final product will be excellent. I'm trying to get more information up on the site as we speak.. and also trying to build a team as this is a huge task to undertake alone.

Jasen
www.FortressLeague.com
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

This is going to be tough to do as you are working with a totally new game. It does have the aspects of TFC and all that but its working with a new engine and new game play. Not to mention the game is very visual heavy which means alot of people are going to have to upgrade their computers to play this game. i dont belive that Valve has talked about what requirements are going to be to play this game but I can assure you they are going to be up there due to it being based off the HL2 platform. I think people are going to buy this game and not be able to play it till they upgrade but that is my opinion. I would say IMHO you will see serious league play in TF2 in 3 months after the game has been released just due to people having to upgrade comps and learning the new aspects of the game and the new gameplay. But that is my opinion.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
UC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

You do realise that TFC was a rushed quicky conversion of QW|TF to the Half-Life engine right? TFC doesn't feel like it should whatsoever.

And gameplay is the same... its still TF. Some modifications.. just as they did when they converted QW|TF to TFC...

Remember that HWGuys aren't supposed to be able to move while shooting, Demomen had 4 mirvs, grenades didn't have the beeping timer, grenade/conc jumping was done much differently as you had to actually THROW the grenade... not just hold on to it and jump (required more skill)... the list goes on for a long time actually...

The reason I bring this up is that TFC is played.. even though its not like the original. You need a far superior computer to play Half-Life than you do to play QuakeWorld....

Computer specs are relative, and not everyone has junk computers. And actually, I think you may find that the game require less specs than say Episode 1 or Lost Coast... being as they are going with the cartoony feel to the whole thing Its not going to require such detailed models and such...

Anyways, Dont shoot us down... help us out!!!

www.FortressLeague.com
Monster Man
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

I'll definately be there for the league when it comes out. Im planning on buying a copy first release. Good job.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
UC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

ahh cool thanks man!

in the mean time why dont you come to irc and help us out?

When I say I'm developing it I'm not joking like most of these people.. already quite a big difference on the site compared to just a few hours ago.. Check it out if you havn't recently.
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Im not shooting you down one bit. I think it is great that you are taking on this project. All I was saying is things are going to be a bit different with this game. I have heard (Dont know if its true or not) But I have heard that Bhopping is going to be different in this game as well as conc aim goes. Now all i was saying is that a few people (Myself included) Might want to get a better grasp on the game and how it is played before we step into competitive gameplay is all. I know I wouldnt want to be learning conc aim all over again while trying to play a match, or learning bhop as well.

Trust me I aint shooting you down at all.

The real killer to all this is that I probably wont be playing TF2 as i dislike the game before i have even played it. Now set up a FF league and Im all in!

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:32 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Nice that you're thinking ahead. Good Idea

Just a reminder to you...the exisiting leagues are looking into establishing a TF2 arm already. Being a dispute admin with STA...I can tell you the wheels are already turning on this. You'll definitely have competition from the established leagues out there. You'll have to differentiate your league from theirs to survive and flourish.

I could "possibly" help out with hosting. However, if your league did take off...the bandwidth and database requirements to support that would be quickly exhausted with what I already host for the community here. There are several low cost host out there. My host, powweb.com...gives 20 gigs of space, 300 gig bandwidth (5 gig per day) and 5 databases (more can be purchased). This would be more than sufficient to get up and running and would cost you less than $100.00 per year. Well worth looking into. I can hook you up there if you care to look. Lemme know.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game and a change of pace...I think many of us are. Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
UC
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

Definately interesting points from all. And to note on the comment about diferentiating the league from the others.. we actually do have a method for this already in the works. I think our league will be able to offer more and will be much more entertaining and fulfilling to compete in rather than the linear leagues that are currently out there.

As far as the FF mention... I am actually giving this a lot of thought however I think you will be waiting for FF far beyond TF2's release and widespread acceptance. :/

Feel free to join us on IRC @ #FortressLeague

and also be sure to keep an eye on the site as it is as growing very quickly check it out at www.FortressLeague.com
UC
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I just threw a new layout up.. comments?

www.FortressLeague.com
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ads up top suck Razz and just seems to plain D: at least for my tastes

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
UC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

the ads are only there because its a free host, as soon as I put the site on a real webserver thwere will be no more ads.
Demasu
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

kibblesnbits wrote:
ads up top suck Razz and just seems to plain D: at least for my tastes

That's why you get firefox with adblock installed.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

if i have any free time, ill make a template. I'm an ok graphics designer.